News & new resources
- New Television and Radio Broadcast Recording List
- New Media Materials Monthly List
- New Library Materials Weekly List on Library Catalogue
You can now be automatically notified by email about new media titles added to the collection via the library catalogue. For example if you wanted to be alerted to every new videorecording (includes DVDs and videos) added to the library catalogue each week by using the following instructions.
Go to the library catalogue http://cat.lib.unimelb.edu.au/
- Select Log into your patron record from the menu
- Select Search the catalogue and perform a keyword search on the term "Videorecording"
- Select Material type drop down menu and select VID,FILM,SLIDES from the list
- Select Submit search button
- Select Save search button.
- Select Patron record button (second from left dark blue button)
- Select Peferred searches link.
- Select th echeck box Mark for email of the search
- Click on the Update list button.
Once you have done this you will start to receive automatic emails with all new videorecording (dvd and vhs) titles added to the collection. Alerts are automatically sent to the email address in your patron record every Monday morning. If you no longer wish to receive alerts tick the searches for removal and click update list.
Specific title alert
If you want to be notified by email as to the arrival of a specific new video/dvd title you will need to add specific keyword/s from the title.