Database guide: Expanded Academic
- Run search
- Check the boxes to mark the records which you wish to download.
- Click on the icon for Marked Items.
- When the marked documents are displayed, click on the Citation Tools link.
- When the new window opens, check EndNote and click on the Export button.
- Open the file. (Internet Explorer only)
- Select the EndNote library the items are to be added to. Click Open and the references will automatically be imported.
- Note that most records from Expanded Academic will have additional terms added to the end of the article title in brackets and all records show a start page and then the number of pages of the article in brackets (e.g. 763(12)). You will therefore need to manually remove these items and, if necessary, verify the end page of the article from the document.
Firefox : At the Export point, a file is saved to your specified Downloads directory in RIS format titled DownloadDocument.RIS This file can be imported directly into EndNote by right-clicking on the file and selecting Open With ResearchSoft Direct Export Helper. This will usually be set as the default product for this file type so you can try just clicking on the file to open it.
Macintosh : At the Export point, you may need to either select to open the file with EndNote as your application or save the file. If the file is saved, then it can be opened from it's location using EndNote as the opening application.