Database guide: Google Scholar
- Click on the Scholar Preferences link which is located next to the Search box.
- In the Preferences window, scroll down to Bibliography Manager and choose the option: Show links to import citations into.....
- Select EndNote in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Save Preferences button.
- Now when you undertake a Google Scholar search, you will see an Import into EndNote link after each reference.
- To save a Google Scholar reference into your EndNote library, click on the Import into EndNote link.
- You will be asked to select a Reference Library. Select your EndNote library, and the reference will be imported.
- Setting preferences will not work if you have disabled cookies in your browser.
Note for EndNote X users: There is a problem with the filter supplied with the EndNote X software. When setting up the Google Scholar preferences, use the drop-down menu to select RefMan instead of EndNote. When you search on Google Scholar, you will now see links "Import into RefMan". Click on these links to import records to EndNote.