Database guide: CSA Illumina(Cambridge Scientific Abstracts)
Includes 45 separate indexes including ERIC, PsycInfo and Philosophers Index.
There is currently no direct export option for CSA Illumina.
Saving and importing records
- Conduct search.
- Click box next to the citation to mark individual records or go to the next step if all records from the search result are to be exported to Endnote
- Above the search results (on the Mark and Sort line) click on Save,Print,Email
- Select the Record format required
- Select the File Format: PC or Macintosh
- Click on Save
- Name the file and save as Text Document (.txt) in an appropriate temporary location (e.g. Desktop)
- Click Return to Results to continue working with the search results if required
- Open your EndNote Library
- From the File menu select Import
- Click on Choose File.. and locate your saved file
- From Import Option select Other Filters...
- Click on Find By
- Select CSA
- Select the database filter appropriate for your saved file. For example if the records are from Sociological Abstracts, select the Sociological Abstracts (CSA) filter. If there is no database filter, use the filter called ASFA (CSA)
- Click on Choose
- Click on Import
- Check the imported references for errors and additional data placed in fields. Also check that capitalisation is correct for your bibliographic style. (e.g book references don’t import fully from some CSA databases.)
- Records may need some editing
- Click All References to show all of your library
- The saved file can now be deleted from the temporary location.