Database guide: Scopus
On a PC you can export search results directly to EndNote from Scopus. Mac users will need to use the Import Filter option.(Scopus Note: Output may not be complete for non-Scopus documents.) Therefore you might consider creating a temporary Endnote library to receive the references. References can be checked for quality before transferring to your main Endnote library.
Direct export for PC users
- Search Scopus.
- Select the references.
- Choose Output.
- Choose Export.
- Choose Export format: RIS and the format of reference you want. Choose Export.
- At the File Download window, click Open and locate your EndNote library. The references are transferred automatically to it.
- Check and edit the references where required.
Import Filter option for Mac users
- Search Scopus and mark records.
- Click on Output icon.
- Leave radio button on Export and from the Export format drop-down menu, select RIS format and leave output as Citations Only.
- Click Export icon and save file to desktop (Note: file name defaults to scopus.ris).
- Open your EndNote library and select File>Import.
- Locate saved file (navigate to desktop).
- For import option, choose Reference manager (RIS) and click Import
- Check imported records for quality.