Book with no author
Entry in Reference List
Title of book (Edition). (Year of publication). Place of publication: Publisher.
For example - In text citation
As discussed in Good Housekeeping (1995) ....
...infants are weaned (Good Housekeeping, 1995) ....
- When a work has no author, move the title to the author position, before the date of publication.
- In the text citation, use a few words of the title, or the whole title if it is short, in place of an author's name.
- Book titles are italicized.
- Capitalization: Capitalize only the first word of the title and of the subtitle, if any, and any proper nouns.
- If the author is specifically designated as "Anonymous" cite in-text as (Anonymous, Year of publication) and in the Reference List use Anonymous as the author.
- Details about edition, volume number or chapter page range are placed in parentheses directly after the title, with the period after the parentheses, e.g., (2nd ed.). or (Rev.ed.). or (Vol.26).
- In the in-text citation, if pages are being directly referenced, include the page number/s after the year.