Journal article with one author
Entry in Reference List
Author, A. A. (Year of publication). Title of article. Name of publication, Volume(Issue), pp-pp.
For example - In text citation
… was summarised (Hanson, 2010).
Hanson (2010) summarised .…
- Capitalize the first and all major words of the publication name. Give the publication name in full. e.g., Journal of Immunology not J Immunol.
- Capitalize the article title as follows: first word of title and subtitle and proper names and proper adjectives. e.g. Still moving: Between cinema and photography.
- Give the volume number of journals, magazines and newsletters.
- When each journal issue starts on page 1, include the issue number in parentheses immediately (no space) after the volume number.
- If a journal or newsletter does not use volume numbers, include the month or season, or other designation with the year, e.g., (2008, May).
- Give inclusive page numbers.
- Include both article title and subtitle, regardless of length.
- For supplementary material, include a description of the content in brackets after the title, e.g., [Special issue], [Special section].
- Include the issue number in parentheses if the journal is paginated by issue.