Entry in Reference List
Author, A. A. (Year of publication, Month day). Title of article. Name of Publication, xx, pp-pp.
For example - Reference List
(2008, May 5)Year of publication, month day.
Swarm of patent suits bites AppleTitle of article.
Electronic Engineering TimesName of publication (italicized),
(2008, October)Year of publication, month.
Baffling the banditsTitle of article.
National WildlifeName of publication (italicized),
Online magazine article:
(2009, March/April)Year of publication, month.
The shyness myth: Questioning student stereotypesTitle of article.
ESL MagazineName of publication (italicized),
Retrieved from http://www.eslmag.com/URL details
For example - In text citation
Newman (2008) reported that . . . .
Apple has been beset with more patent suits since developing the iPod (Claburn, 2008).
- In the Reference List, give the year and month separated by a comma. If appropriate, include the exact date, e.g., (2008, March 3). If the date is given as a season, provide the year and the season, e.g., (2011, Winter).
- In the in-text citation, give only the first author’s surname and the year.
- Italicize the name of the magazine and volume number.
- Capitalize the first and all major words of the magazine’s name.
- Give the magazine’s name in full, e.g., Reproduction, Fertility and Development.
- Give the volume number if available.
- Give inclusive page numbers.
- Include both article title and subtitle, regardless of length.