Newspaper item with no author
Entry in Reference List
Title of article. (Year, month day). Title of publication, p. [or pp.]
For example - In text citation
. . . the significance of these finds has been questioned in the media ("Oldest bacteria fossils", 2002).
- Precede page numbers with p. or pp. Include any section numbers or letters, e.g., pp. A1, A5.
- In the in-text citation, use quotation marks around a shortened version of the article title.
- In the Reference List, give the year, month and day, e.g., (2011, March 19).
- If citing an editorial piece, add [Editorial] after the article title.
- If the article runs over several non-consecutive pages, list them all, separated by commas, e.g., pp. 1, 4, 11.
- For an online article, give the URL just for the newspaper’s home page (more specific web addresses may change or become inactive.)