Online forum post
Message posted to a newsgroup, online forum or discussion group
Entry in Reference List
Author. A. [or Alias.] (Year, Month day). Title of discussion thread [Online forum comment]. Message posted to Web address
For example - In text citation
Mr Creosote (2011) argues that . . . .
. . . to remain competitive (Mr Creosote, 2011).
- Include author's full name if available; otherwise use the screen name.
- After the date, as title, give the name of the discussion thread or the subject line of the message. Titles are not italicized.
- Give a description of the form in brackets immediately after the name of the thread, e.g., [Electronic mailing list message]
- Provide the address for the archived version of the message.
- Include as much information as possible, e.g., message number or identifier.