Book with more four or more authors
Entry in Reference List
Authors Year of publication, Title of book, Publisher, Place of publication.
For example - Reference List
Miller, P, Smith, M, Roberts, JC, Peters, B, Howard, K & Curtis, LAuthors
2000,Year of publication
Mobile phone use in teenagers,Title of book (italicized)
Melbourne.Place of publication
For example - In text citation
Miller et al. (2000) discussed that ...
... as shown by the longitudinal study (Miller et al. 2000).
- When an book has four or more authors the in text citation shows only the name of the first listed author followed by 'et al.'
- All the authors' names must be listed in the reference list in the order in which they appear on the title page.
- Book titles are italicized. Minimal capitalization is recommended. Capitalize only the first word of the title and any proper nouns.
- There is no comma or full-stop between the authors' names and year of publication. Commas are used to separate all other elements. The reference entry finishes with a full-stop.
- Information about the edition (not including first editions) and volume appear after the year of publication in the following order:
Title of book, edition (edn), Volume number or number of volumes, Publisher, Place of publication, page number(s) if applicable.