What is BONUS+?
BONUS+ is a resource-sharing service that enables the lending of selected library material among the staff and students of these participating universities:
- Edith Cowan University
- Griffith University
- La Trobe University
- Massey University, New Zealand
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Ballarat
- University of Melbourne
University of Newcastle
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
If the book that you need is not available in the University of Melbourne Library, if it is held at another BONUS+ library you can request it online and collect it a few days later from the pick-up location of your choice.
For more information about BONUS+ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search the University of Melbourne Library catalogue
- If the book you require is not available, click on the BONUS+ icon and the search is repeated in the BONUS+ catalogue
- Select Request This Item
- Select University of Melbourne
- Enter your details:
- Your name
- Your library barcode
- Choose your pick-up location
- Click on Submit
Your request should be ready to collect from the designated library within 7 working days. You will be notified via email when it is available. Once you have finished with it BONUS+ items can be returned to any University of Melbourne Library.
What is available from the BONUS+ catalogue?
The BONUS+ catalogue includes selected material from the participating libraries, but it does not reflect the complete collection of any library. Certain material, such as reserve books and short-term loans, is not available. The BONUS+ catalogue is continuously updated with each library's holdings to show the current availability.
Who can use BONUS+?
BONUS+ is available to all current students and staff at the University of Melbourne.
What are the borrowing rules?
|Borrower Type||Number of Requests/Loans||Loan Period||Renewals|
|Postgraduate/Higher Degree||10||21 days||1|
- Items may be on loan for a maximum 21 days.
- An additional 21 day renewal may be requested via the Student Portal or by logging into your Patron Record through the library catalogue.
- Note! Once the maximum number of loans/requests has been reached, you cannot make another request until a request has been cancelled or a returned item has been checked in at the lending library.
- Items can be returned to any University of Melbourne library.
- A fee of $125 applies to all lost BONUS+ items.
- Fines apply to overdue material at the standard University of Melbourne Library rate. For more information about Fines and Penalties see: http://www.lib.unimelb.edu.au/services/loans/fines_new.html
How can I cancel a BONUS+ request?
If a BONUS+ item still has a REQUESTED status on it, you may cancel the request at any time by logging into your Patron Record through the library catalogue.
Does BONUS+ replace CAVAL?
BONUS+ does not replace CAVAL. Rather, it gives you another option for accessing the resources you need for your work or study. You can still visit one of the BONUS+ libraries to borrow in person and there are some Victorian universities that are not part of the BONUS+ scheme that you may wish to borrow from using your CAVAL card.
For more information about CAVAL see: http://www.lib.unimelb.edu.au/services/loans/caval.html
Please ask library staff for more details about BONUS+, or contact the University of Melbourne Library:
Telephone: 8344 5388 / 13 MELB