Interlibrary loans & document delivery:
Services to other libraries
Making a request for a loan or copy
We accept loan and copy requests from libraries, commercial and government organisations within Australia and Internationally. Most material held by the University of Melbourne Libraries can be requested. In many cases 'not-for-loan' material can be copied on your behalf.
Requests for loans and copies from Australian and overseas libraries can be made via the following methods:
- Libraries Australia Gateway (LADD)
- OCLC (WorldCat Resource Sharing)
- Institutional request form (Registered libraries only. Please contact us if you would like to register your library for this service)
All requests must comply with the Australian Copyright Act of 1968. If you require a copy of any material held by the University, please include a Copyright statement on your request: "this request complies with s50 of the copyright act, 1968"
University of Melbourne theses
Information about accessing and obtaining copies of University of Melbourne theses can be found here.
Service levels and costs to Australian libraries
Costs for Australian libraries are as follows:
|Express (Premium Track) for articles|
|Photocopy||Up to 50 pages||$16.50||$33.00|
|Additional 50 pages or part thereof||$4.00||$4.00|
|Loan||Book or microfilm||$16.50||$33.00|
- Express post or equivalent for copies: $8.30
- Express post or equivalent for loans: $12.40. Courier Services can be arranged at the customer's expense.
- Requests marked Urgent will be treated as Rush.
We endeavour to supply items according to the Australian Interlibrary Resource Sharing (ILRS) Code.
- Core - 4 working days (may take longer in certain circumstances)
- Rush - 24 hour turn-around.
- Express - 2 hours - (only offered for material with a Baill or Biomed location)
Service levels and costs to overseas libraries
We supply to all overseas libraries upon request. Please allow between 2 and 4 weeks for delivery. Charges stand at $35.00USD or 3 full IFLA vouchers for loans and $18.00USD or 1.5 IFLA vouchers for copies.
Payments for requests made through OCLC Resource Sharing will be billed via OCLC IFM where possible. For requests made by all other methods we perfer payment in IFLA Vouchers, however we will accept credit card, cheque or money order if vouchers are not available.