Why have you changed this service?
- We are trying to make our service more convenient and accessible. The new service also lets you manage your own requests online.
Who can use this service?
- University of Melbourne academic and general staff
- Postgraduate research and higher degree students
- Honours students
- Final year undergraduate students doing research (with your supervisors approval)
How do I log into Relais?
- You can log into Relais using your univeristy email username and password.
- Log in to Relais.
My requests used to be listed on my library record. Where do I view them now?
- All your requests are listed in your Relais record when you log into the system.
- Select List Open Requests to view your current and pending requests.
- Select List All Requests to view your past and current requests.
How will I know my request has arrived?
- We will send you an email when your request has completed. Copies will be delivered electronically where possible and books can be collected from the holds shelves in the High-use Collection in the Baillieu Library.
- Some loan items are Library Use Only or must be read under supervision. You will be informed of this when the item is received.
When I collect my book, do I have to check it out?
- Yes all loans need to be checked out using the self-check machines in the High-use area.
- If you are having difficultly checking an ILL item out please see the staff at the library service desk for assistance.
- Loan items will be held for collection for 7 days from receipt of the pick-up notice.
I need more time to collect my book. How do I arrange that?
- Send an email to email@example.com or telephone (03) 8344 5388 during business hours. We can probably keep it for a couple of extra days.
How do I renew an item?
- Click on Renew Loan at the bottom of the request record and send a message to us.
- You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 8344 5388 during business hours.
How can I cancel a request?
- Clicking on the Cancel Request button at the bottom of the request record and send us a message.
- You can also send an email to email@example.com or phone(03) 8344 5388 during business hours.
My request has a status that says ‘Printed at LON’. What does it mean?
- It means the item has been received and is ready for you to collect.
How can I search for a specific request?
- Use the Query Request page. Requests can be searched by keyword, date submitted, call number or request number.
Where do I find my request number?
- When you make a request we send you an email with the details of the item you requested and the request number.
What does the status column mean?
- The status column lets you know the progress of your requests. The most common status and their definitions are:
- Processed – ILL staff have actioned your request, such as placed it with a potential supplier, or the request has been filled.
- Delivered - Your request has been supplied or is available for pick up.
- Entered - You have successfully entered your request. Inter library Loans staff will now process your request.
There seems to be a lot of fields on the request form. Do I have to fill them all out?
- Many of the fields on the request form are optional and you do not have to fill them all in to make a request. However, you should try and provide as much information as possible.
One of the delivery options for loans is 'Mail'. Can I have a book posted to my home or office address?
- No sorry, we don't post items to your home or office. You need to collect all loans in person from your nominated pick-up point.
My requests aren't showing up in my Student Portal? How do I check on them?
- Relais is not currently linked to the student portal and your inter-library loan requests will no longer be listed under your library account like they used to be.
- All your requests are listed in your Relais record.
- Select List Open Requests select this to view your current and pending requests.
- Select List All Requests select this to view your past and current requests.
The order form only gives me the option to request a book or a journal article, but I want to request something else, such as a DVD or some microfilm. Which form do I use?
- You use the Book request form and under Additional Numbers/Letters make a note about what type of the item it is.
The form is asking me to enter a maximim cost. Do I have to tell you how much I am willing to pay for the request?
- No, you can leave that field blank. We pay for most inter-library loan requests on your behalf. You will only be required to pay if the request is very expensive, for specialty reproduction services, or for the purchase of a thesis. We notify you before we get the request if that's the case.