Room bookings in the Baillieu, Biomedical and Business, Economics & Education libraries
There are three types of spaces available to book-
Project rooms – These rooms are for small group project work, and can accommodate up to 5 people per room. They are available for all staff and students for a period of 2 hours at a time.
Study booths – Booths are for small group project work. All have LCD screens and writable table tops and can accommodate up to 4 people. They are available for all staff and students for a period of 2 hours at a time.
Study rooms for graduates - These are smaller rooms that are suited to private study. To make use of these rooms you must be a graduate student. There is a limit of 2 bookings per person.
If you find that you no longer need the room at a time you have booked. Please cancel your booking so that others can use it. If you have not borrowed the key 15 minutes after the start of your booking time you may have your booking cancelled by Library Staff.
If you experience any problems making a booking then please ask for assistance at the Service Desk.
Booking a room in the catalogue
- Search the library catalogue for a project room, study room or booth.
- Click Make a booking
- If you are not already logged in you will need to log in at this point using your name and barcode
- Enter the time you want to start the booking and click Search
- The rooms available to book at this time will display or you will be informed there are no rooms available at this time
- Select the room you wish to book and enter the time your booking will end (if less then the default) and click Search
- You will then receive a message confirming your booking
- Click OK to return to the bibliographic record
Cancelling a room booking a room in the catalogue
- Log into your patron record by clicking Patron Record Login
- Click on the link for Bookings
- Select the items to cancel by placing a tick in the box
- Click Cancel Selected Items
- Click Yes to confirm
You book these rooms by writing your name on the bookings sheet outside the room. There is no key to be collected, just use the room for the period you have booked and leave the way you found it. The maximum booking time is 2 hours. See the Service Desk to get your name added to the booking sheet for the following week in advance.
There are four project rooms available for use by up to 6 students. Rooms contain whiteboards, an LCD screen and CPUs to connect laptops.
All Project Rooms are open and available for use unless they have a booking.
There are two types of rooms available to book-
Project rooms - These are rooms 2 - 7. All rooms, except room 7, contain an LCD screen (BYO laptop). Room 7 contains a PC workstation. All rooms are available to be booked by a minimum of three students, or 1 students plus 1 staff member. Project rooms 2 & 3 are not available to be booked after hours but will be available for casual use when the library is not staffed.
Project rooms for graduates - These are rooms 8 - 10. All rooms contain an LCD screen (BYO laptop) and may be booked by a minimum of three students.
To book please write your name on the booking sheet. See loans desk.