We have 2 categories of membership available to the community: complimentary memberships and paying memberships, which includes a concession rate.
To take up membership, complete the appropriate section of the form (see below for eligibility), then take the form plus some photo id to one of our libraries for registration.
If you don't qualify for a complimenatry membership, then fill in the paying membership form for either a full cost or concession membership.
Please note that all memberships do not include any access to online resources or inter-library loans.
Eligibility for memberships
You are entitled to a complimentary membership if you are:
- A retired staff member from the University with 15 years service or more. You can borrow 10 x 28 day loans.
- A visiting scholar or associated academic staff. You can borrow 100 items including journals.
- An honours or postgraduate student and are not enrolled yet. You will need departmental permission. You can borrow 10 x 28 loans and some media.
- A higher degree student at the University and are not enrolled yet. You will need departmental permission. You can borrow 60 x 28 day loans.
- A staff member of an affiliated organisation. You can borrow 10 x 28 day loans. Refer to this page for affiliated organisations, committees etc.
These memberships are available to anyone and permit borrowing of 10 x 28 day loan items.
Full cost rates
You may be entitled to a concession rate if you are:
- A Friends of the Baillieu member.
- An alumnus of the University (including VCA), Melbourne Business School and Melbourne University Private.
- Have a seniors card.
- Have a health care card.
Appropriate documentation will need to be provided to get concession rates.