To renew your items click here
Items can be renewed if:
- There are no holds on the item.
- You have less than $25.00 in fines.
- You have not already reached the limit of 4 renewals per item.
- A 28/90 day loan is not more than 7 days overdue.
- A 7 day loan book is on or before the due date (except for 7 day loan books from the Music Library which are not renewable).
When you can renew items
28/90 day loans can be renewed in the 7 days prior to the due date as well as the 7 days after. 7 day loans can be renewed 3 days prior to the due date. Fines are incurred for all items renewed after the due date.
Fines and suspensions
There is a maximum of 4 renewals per item.
Different ways you can renew
Catalogue - You can access your patron record in the online catalogue and renew items. If an item is on hold for another patron, is non-renewable, or its too soon to renew, then an appropriate message will display.
Log into your patron record.
Telephone - Contact 13MELB
Loans Desk - There is no need to bring items to the Loans Desk, simply indicate to loans staff the items to be renewed on the screen.
Self Service machines - Items can be scanned through the self service machines and renewed for an additional loan period.