You can return your items to any library, however items from High Use collections need to be returned to the owning library. Items should be placed in the returns chute or checked in at a self returns machine.
To avoid a fine or suspension of borrowing:
- All items must be renewed or returned to the University Library on or before the due date.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of the date that your material is due. The due date is clearly marked on the printed due date receipt that you receive at the time of checkout (unless the item has been renewed).
- You should monitor your library record on the University Library online catalogue. Log into your library record.
- Automated email alerts are sent before a library item is due. More information on email notifications.
- If you have not finished using an items you may be able to renew it. More information about renewals.
Length of time for books to be cleared from your record
If you have access to a self returns machine your books are taken off your record immediately. Otherwise, It can take a few hours to clear a returned item depending on the time of year. This time lag needs to be taken into account if items are overdue, and one needs to borrow other material. You should return overnight loans a few hours the library closes to ensure it is able to be processed before closing.