Web catalogue: limiting the search
- You can search individual parts of the University's collections:
(Melbourne Business School, University of Melbourne, Victorian College of the Arts and Land & Food Resources; excluding Parkville)
- during and after your initial keyword search
- after your initial title, author or subject search
- Limit search to items currently available for borrowing (not on loan).
This limit option is found on all search screens and limits the search to most items available for borrowing, with the exception of ...
- reference collections,
- Special Collections,
- CARM (CAVAL Archival and Research Materials Centre) collections,
- collections for library use only, and
- other locations that use a status other than "AVAILABLE" in the catalogue.
- If a search results in the retrieval of too many items, click on "Limit this Search" and:
- "Book" or "Magazine"
- "Type of material"
- "Location of the item"
- Type in
- the year(s) of publication
- the publisher's name
- word(s) to be found in the Title or Author or Subject
Limiting options help to narrow a search to find only...
- journal titles,
- the most current books in our library,
- computer software,
- all items by a specific publisher,
- items that are not on loan.